Artist models - Kinuko

Image result for kinuko cakes artist
Image result for mariel cartwright art
Image result for kinuko cakes artist
With a new comic I will of course need new artist models. One of the artist models I have selected is Kinuko, also known as Mariel Cartwright. She is currently working as the lead animator on Indivisible the newest video game coming from Lab zero, creator of Skillgirls. I have been following Cartwright's work ever since I was 16, she was who inspired me to try out animation and influenced my art style heavily. In alot of my digital work I would try and paint as realistic as possible as I believed I could never make a living of drawing things with a cartoon style, however I have begun to break away from this idea and embrace my true style and how I draw in this comic. One of the things that drew me to her work is how unique it is, combing both anime and western cartoon elements creating this nice mix that makes people think distinctly of Kinuko and her art style. I also like the way she combines line work with a painterly style often painting over top the original line work giving some of her illustrations more life and vibrancy. Her use of color is also what attracted me to her work, which is something I need to work on as I don't really have a good eye for it.

Comments

Popular Posts