Animation Planning

Setting:

In terms of setting I would like the animation to be set in an unknown forest location , with an abundance of green and blues, heavily saturated and with extreme lighting to create a dynamic contrast and a calm atmosphere. In terms of what art style the animation will be very stylized having a toon cell-shaded look,  distancing itself from anything realistic. One of the artists that I will be referencing in terms of my art style and creation of this environment, is 3D animator Mikael Gustafsson (whos animations I have linked to the left) who creates atmospheric low poly animations of animals and forest settings, what drew me to Gustafssons work is his use of dynamic lighting which brings the whole animation together creating a calm and atmospheric setting.

Character:

Image result for wind waker style
Another example of the art style
https://www.artstation.com/mc-art
In the animation My character will be relaxing in the forest outside a small cottage, drawing the environment around them, because my animation will only be 30 seconds in length and the character isn't the main focus, the environment around them will be the main focus from the wind blowing in the trees or animals walking through the forest. As mentioned before my animation will have a cell-shaded look to it  and this is the same for the character who will be fairly low poly, lack detail and won't be as heavily animated as the objects within the environment, however this does not mean it will be lesser or inferior.

Related image
Here is an example of the style I am
aiming for 

Things to do

  • Create a treatment (Logline)
  • Develop Act one, Two and Three
  • Rough setting drawings and character drawings
  • Artist Models

Comments

Popular Posts