Proposal ideas

Proposal Ideas

  • I will be creating a 12 page character art book that will track the creation of a fantasy video game titled "Beloved". In this art book I will be designing 3 - 2 characters from the rough sketches all the way to their final designs and alternate costumes that could be worn upon completion of the game. I will also be illustrating parts of the world that these characters inhabit, placing them in the scene to get a feeling of how each character would react in certain situations.

Artist Models 


Nurzhan Bekkaliyev
Concept artist



Nurzhan Bekkaliyev is  a freelance concept artist. One of the key characteristics of Nurzhans work is the way he deforms the body often giving his figures abnormally THICC arms and legs (to both female and male characters), this also applies to the head and the facial features of each character often having large eyes. One of the things that attracted me to Nurzhans style is how painterly it was and his use of vibrant colors which helps draw the viewer in. In my art book I want my style to be somewhat cartoony like Nurzhans, as a style like this allows me to exaggerate certain features of characters to reflect and highlight their personalities and facial expressions.


Image result for kinuko skullgirlsImage result for kinuko skullgirls

Kinuko concept artist/animator

Kinuko is a concept artist/ animator, she is most known for her work as the lead animator of the fighting game skullgirls. Like Nurzahan Kinuko's character's are very much exaggerated , especially the heads. One of the things that drew me to Kinukos work was her use of color and lighting on certain characters to help show their personality to the viewer, incorporating something like this into my designs will help give the audience a better idea of the characters, their motives and their personalities.

Comments

Popular Posts