Starting Painting



I have begun working on the painting and have just finished majority of the face. When painting I decided to use much softer colors than the harsh colors I previously use in my work to make the image more feminine, I believe I have captured that mood well. While in the image the facial features and color appear harsh the actual painting doesn't appear this way and is just my quality of the camera. One of the things I do aim to adjust with the face later is the right side as I feel I've made it much larger than the original image, I will fix this problem later as I want to paint the rest of the figure before I move on to refining the features.
Related imageWhen thinking about facial features one of the artists I though of was Rita Angus and her many self-portraits, her portrayals show through a confidence and pride in oneself and beliefs. I aimed to capture this in my expression while also keeping it natural and believable.

Colors used

When painting the figure I aim to limit my color palette to soft pinks, purples and blues, and not use bold colors that I have previously used in other works. This painting of myself showcases the main color palette I will be using throughout the rest of the figure.

Comments

Popular Posts