Testing the software + Refrence sheets










I have started to create reference sheets that I can then use to create my 3D models. In some of these references you can see that I have create a back, front and side view for some of them because some of the objects have one particular shape all the way around which would make it redundant for me to draw the exact same thing again.When creating my artworks I will mainly be relying on the quality of my textures to make the objects appear as the are. The first object I worked on was the sketchbook which I attempted to make very rough and warn by having bits of tattered papers sticking out  of the sketchbook. One of the issues I had  when creating the sketchbook was getting familiar with the software as it has been the first I had used maya since last week but after getting the hang of it I began to shape the object and I think I very much  captured the worn and torn affect I was looking for, however one issue I did have with creating the sketchbook was the binder on the sketchbook, I attempted to make these parts appear smaller however I had some difficulty doing so, as it began to glitch so I decided to just leave it for now and attempt to fix it later when I do the final model for the sketchbook. The next model I created was the pencil which was rather simple to create and just involved me creating a cylinder and extending the middle vector at the top, because I want the equipment to be such as the pen and sketchbook to appear worn and torn I made the pencil slightly bend to create the effect that its been worn and worse for wear.
When I officially begin to create my 3D animation I will be creating the environmental models first as they are the priority, so I will be creating things in the following order bushes, trees, grass, Pigs, house, girl, sketchbook, pen.


Comments

Popular Posts