Test piece

I've decided to star do a small A4 test piece before I start the final painting. In terms of paint application I've tried to make sure that the style is alot softer rather than the harsh way I have traditionally painted as I want to capture a sense of femininity to the artwork rather than the masculine way I painted. This also meant that instead of using harsh colours like reds and yellows I've instead begun to incorporate blues and soft pinks to create this feminine look. In terms of subject I painted a small A4 nude of myself that will illustrate how I aim to capture the figure, despite attempting to create a soft look to the painting I will not be idealizing the nude and have painted my body as it appears in the images, every bit of sagging flesh to the flaws of my face.
After doing this piece I feel more comfortable moving onto the final painting which will be a large scale oil painting and capture the full body rather than just the bust.

Comments

Popular Posts