Creating Foilage + Texturing

Models completed

-Tree x2
-Bush x2
-Sketchbook
-Pencil

Things I need to create

-House model
-Pig
-Girl
Close up of trees

Trees


First Tree







The first large model I made was the the lean tree (similar to a palm tree). When making this tree I found it somewhat difficult as I'm not very familiar with Maya however while gradually working away I've become more familiar with the software and created another tree which looks much better than the original. What makes it much better looking is the detail in the leaves and the moss growing on it. Creating the bushes was very simple all I did was create a plane and reshape it, curving it in the center to make it similar in appearance to a leaf and duplicating and layering each of these leafs on top of each other. I then used these bushes as the leaves for the trees. Because I am only using 4 models in total to create the foliage so to make sure the environment is not two repetitive I will be resizing and recoloring them to make sure they are not all the same.


UV map
Black and white specular map to add some grit to the box, and
add more dimension.

Crate with just the UV Map



Crate with both UV Map and Secular Map.
Box with bumper map. The box here looks much more 3D
and much more defined than the previous renditions.

Comments

Popular Posts