Promotional images




thumbnail sketch
 When creating the two promotional images I wanted them to reflect the two main characters. The first promotional images shows both the stranger and Eva together. Eva is looking down hunched over to show that she is unsure of what is going on she lacks the knowledge that her sister has, her back hunched over is to resemble that of a martyr. The stranger looks straight at the viewer demonstrating that she knows exactly whats going on, however she appears behind  Eva showing that she is in the shadows. Their intimate position also shows that they are siblings or relatives. I chose to make them nude because I wanted to emphasis their vulnerability and intimacy and felt making them nude would emphasis this aspect.

The over promotional work I did was of the two sisters holding their mothers sword, with a crown of thorns in the background. Originally as you can see in the draft both siblings were going to have their eyes open however I changed this In Evas version as I wanted to create more of difference in both artworks and establish the differences between the siblings. The reason Eva's eyes are closed ties into the reason in the earlier paragraph she is unaware of the true intentions of the academy, like many of her other peers, however The stranger is aware as her eyes stare directly at the viewer her expression serious rather than Eva's solemn expression.

The reason I placed a crown of thorns behind the two siblings was to represent martyrdom and sacrifice. The bold red of the crown not only helps the siblings stand out against the background it also represent the color of blood, death and sacrifice.

In some of the images you can see that theirs a black and white version and a colored version, In many of my works I will always paint in grey scale first before painting color over top this helps me get the correct values in the image which is something that I've struggled with a lot in my drawings.

Comments

Popular Posts