Research update/Progress

What I have done
So far I have almost completed the body and plan on finishing it this week and working on the background which I have planned out in earlier posts. 
Things To do
Their are some things that I will need to adjust on the body that I have already done for example I will need to adjust the hands slightly as I feel they don't quite look right in the image 
Question change 
Anna Lois White, Self portrait at an easel, 1935
(Auckland Art Gallery, 2019)
 Originally my question was How can I normalize the nude and my own sexuality through the using myself as a model for a contemporary oil painting? and transformed to How can I normalize the nude through the use of traditional artist self-portraiture? This change isn't that drastic as many of the things I have discussed and written in my blog still remains relevant to the question, as I've simply condensed it down to eliminating the sexual aspect from the nude much like many of the female artists before me. While I will keep in mind the male gaze and how others view I plan on presenting the nude as natural in the way that I paint which is mostly nude, to me this is natural its how I paint when its hot, their is nothing sexual in the action. 

In later post I will need to upload a picture of the progress I have made 




Auckland Art Gallery. (2019). Self Portrait (Nude at Easel). [online] Available at: https://www.aucklandartgallery.com/explore-art-and-ideas/artwork/13420/self-portrait-nude-at-easel [Accessed 29 Apr. 2019].

Comments

Popular Posts