Reference sheet + modeling

I have begun modeling the head of my character and have almost completed the modeling of the head. Modeling a character I thought wouldn't be much different than any other object but I found that its much more time consuming, finicky where you have to be more specific where you place each plane and the way you adjust the vertexes to create the contours on the face.
Once I've completed this side of the face I plan on duplicating the head and merging it together.
As this is the first character model I have created for an animation the model isn't the best, but I think it looks alright fro a first attempt.  To see if everything was looking alright I asked Chris to take a look at it and he made some more adjustments to it, to make everything a bit neater. One thing I was told was to not use triangle which I promptly removed from the model, he then helped me fix up some of the odd ends of the model and gave me an idea on how I should approach the hair and body.
(In a later post I will upload the updated version of the model.)

The next thing I will do is create the hair and then move onto the body.
Reference sheet for 3D model 
Reference sheet for pig

Model checklist

Trees                 Done
Pen                    Done
Sketchbook       Done
Character          In Progress
House               Done
Bush                 Done
        Pig                  Not Started



Changes to story

One of the adjustments I've made to make the story a lot more fluid and understandable is instead of the pig walking of screen they will both be seen sleeping by a tree as the girl looks up and down at them drawing them on her sketchbook. This will make the story a lot more understandable as the shot will go from her drawing, then cutting to an other the shoulder the shot (so the audience understands where she is in comparison to the pigs) then cutting to a shot of just the pigs sleeping before repeating the shots, showing the finished drawing.

Comments

Popular Posts