Character modeling

Un-textured character model
Smoothed Un-textured model
I have finished modeling all my Final 3D Models, however I have yet to tex
ture and color them. While I have completed all my models if I have enough time I want to go back and adjust the Pig model as I feel I could make a much more better and improved version, that made some different design choices. One thing I would change is the way I created the ears and the snout, which I created separately before attaching it to the main body. Rather than creating these models separately I would just extrude from the original body, which would avoid all the edge-loops. Once I've textured all the other models starting with the trees, bush, house, sketchbook, pen and character (in this exact order) I will be doing it in this order as the environment is the most important part of my animation and is the priority.

There may be some small issues with the model however i will only be animating from a side perspective
Making the character model was probably one of the best models I've made alongside the house. While the house was very simple and straight-forward creating a character model I found was a whole other beast, its much more meticulous then a simple, straight field object. While it wasn't extremely difficult it was very tedious, however the outcome of the model made it worth it. Because I didn't have access to any of the videos from the character animation class I had to figure a lot of things out for myself, which included alot of trial and error and a rampant search for resources on youtube. One recource that I followed to a tea was Tutorial: Low Poly Character Modeling in Maya . This tutorial was very helpful and allowed me to get a grip on making a 3D character model.


Model checklist
Trees                 Done 
Pen                    Done
Sketchbook       Done
Character          Done
House               Done
Bush                 Done
Pig                     Done*






Comments

Popular Posts