Final Outcome + Rendering

Final Thoughts

Overall I'm impressed at how it turned out, I don't think it's amazing but it's a lot better than I imagined it would turn out. Now that I'm familiar with the software I feel like I could create a much better animation which is something that I plan on doing next year, however, I would like to focus more on character animation and instead focus on designing a more intricate character than a simplistic one. One thing that I would change though was how I spent my time, because I work so much and I was focused on other classes I felt that I neglected my animation, next year I won't make this mistake and will try to cut down my hours to ensure that I can spend more time perfecting my animation.  One thing That I Liked about my animation was the character model, creating this character model was my first attempt at ever doing something like this so like rigging I had to find my own resources and teach myself, at first it was a struggle but I manage to create it. One of the resources that I followed closely was the tutorial seen below that goes through the process of creating a character model.

Rendering


At first, I did a test render to see how long it would take on my computer at home. To render 475 frames it took about 6 hours which wasn't that bad considering it was one single computer rendering the frames, however, in the end, I decided to do the remainder of the renders on the render-farm. I didn't know much about putting things on the render farm so I asked for help and managed to get help from Kyle who helped me clean out my Maya files so they won't fail on the render farm. One problem I ran into while putting things on the render farm was that I didn't set the correct frames for my renders which ended up with many of them failing, I soon realized this and went into the project files to see if I had set the correct frames I wanted to render were there and as I thought I had put the wrong amount of frames in the render settings. Another issue I ran into was was how some of the files would render. Some of the rendered files would have an Arnold watermark on them which was very annoying I decided to work around them and just render the shots again.

Putting it together

Shots placed on top of the 3D animatic, trying to align the
shots to the animatic.
Putting everything together was the easiest part of the animation however I did have some difficulties. These difficulties were mainly due to getting the video footage to sync up fluidly and constantly with each other, while this part shouldn't be an issue as everything was planned in the original animatic, however because I changed my story alot of the shots didn't fit consistently so I had to rearrange alot of the shots so they appear consitant.

Comments

Popular Posts