Drawing comic update

The first assessment I did for drawing class was essentially a draft of my comic proposal. Looking at my comic now I wasn't really going to make many changes but after receiving some feedback I decided to make some changes. These changes were generally around the action in the comic, looking back at the originals some pages I felt were fine however some did require a necessary change as the action felt quite stuff. To try and remedy this I looked at how other manga/comic artists handle action/combat. One of the techniques that is done is the enlargement of the action itself so by placing it overtop the comic panels or by using a whole page to illustrate that its a large scale fight.
Image result for sword fight manga
Image result for sword fight manga(Below are some examples from existing manga that employ this, I've also included the old vs new comic pages in the end I changed 6 and a half pages, including more panels to give the characters more expression and including a page solely focused on the action)
Overall I am happy with the result and think the changes I made were good ones




Comments

Popular Posts