Art Style

One of the problems I am having with my comic is the art style. While at the beginning of the year I had an idea for what I wanted the art style to be like however I have changed my tune slightly having looked at some other artists work. One of the things I noticed is how quickly my work can be completed if I have a good foundation, for example I often will just throw painting on the canvas not really having a clear idea of what im creating, waht pose I want or how it will look this process often leaves me with hours wasted and very little morale as I won't be happy with the outcome. To see how this could be avoided I tried working on the foundation, the lineart a little more, starting out with rough shapes and going over and over it until it becomes clear only spending about 10 - 30 minutes depending on the scale and detail of the work. I found with this process I was able to produce much better results.
Here is a current Work in progress of a drawing I'm working on
putting time into the linework has made the work flow alot quicker
and easier.

Comments

Popular Posts