Blurred Lines Inside the Art World

Image result for blurred lines art world
While I did find the documentary interesting I found that it was rather boring, reaching the 40 minute mark felt as if it had been 3 hours. Well I'm not here to review the movie but instead describe my thoughts. I found the info provided interesting, especially the state of the art world as it is now, with art being treated rather as an investment to make money and profit, with galleries manipulating the art market which may prove devastating for new artists, as their artwork will suddenly be popular gaining new clients and finally making money of your art only for it to stagnate and decline with the galleries decide to promote another artist instead, moving on to the next new thing. For a long time now its been like that even in New Zealand, all the fine art events I have attended have all been like this exaggerated prices and an air of smugness throughout the entirety of the event. 

Comments

Popular Posts