Character Designs

As I've completely redone my comic I have some updated character designs of the characters, while these aren't finalized designs and I plan on changing small things within the comic these give me a good reference point when drawing the characters.

May

May is the character on the very left, I've chosen to draw two designs of her showing her as she is now at 24 years old and as she was when she was 16 years old. I wanted to contrast between these two reflecting the significant changes in her personality from her years as a teenager to her years as an adult. During high school she was very popular, intelligent, attractive and willing to please anyone to keep her image squeaky clean, however after a horrific event (which I won't name for plot reasons) she went into shock and being unable to cope she developed Dissociative amnesia, leaving school and remaining many of her days in a ward until attending college graduating as a qualified history teacher. After her traumatic event her personality changed drastically transforming into a lazy,  and apathetic girl. In her older design I wanted to demonstrate this change by making her hair messy, the bags under her eyes more prominent and unrestricted clothes. In terms of color I wanted her designs to be composed of blues and purples with the colors being much deeper in her older design.

The Ghost Girl

The ghost girl is either a figment of Mays imagination or a very real ghost that only May can see. In her design I wanted her appearance to be that of the stereotypical shy girl baggy clothes, shy composure and a fringe covering the side of her face. This design is very much a red herring as this girl is charismatic, extroverted and just longing for a friend and some one to talk to, when she discovers May can see her she begins to attach herself to her new found friend, much to the annoyance of May.

Comments

Popular Posts