Page 1

Here is the beginnings of the first page. Originally when I was illustrating the comic I was only going to do it in Black and white or varies shades of blue and purple, however I really want to improve my use of color and the only way of doing that is to paint in color so I have decided to do just that throughout the entirety of my 12 page comic. My biggest concern however is quality control as creating a 12 page comic in the span of a month and 2 weeks with full color illustrations in my style will be very time consuming, however if I manage my time correctly I think I can make it work.

Page 1

Page 1-2 is a dream sequence which is a miss mash of the forgotten memories of Mays mind mixing together in an attempt to find out what really happened. On the very first page I wanted something that would shock people but also give an insight into Mays condition as her mind tries to piece her memories back together. On the first page The ghost girl that follows May throughout the duration of the story is seen jumping of a building. While suicide is horrific I wanted to make this act appears almost graceful to reflect the way begins to see the girl, a beacon of light that will help fix the cracks with her fragmented memory. To accentuate this idea I decided to place a full body illustration of the girl falling over top the panels with brighter colors and tones to accentuate this idea of grace and beauty, to make this stand out more I also decided to make the colors in the panels a lot darker to make the full body panel overlay stand out more.

Comments

Popular Posts